I'm migrating our primary server to a new host that has a newer OS and more modern hardware. It's also closer to our DB server so any delays between the servers should be minimized. To top this all off, it's also cheaper.
As things are changing there might be one or more disruptions on services but I'll keep an eye on things and don't expect any loss of work as soon as dust settles. No action is needed on your part unless you are hard coding our server IP address somewhere like your firewall rules. In which case you should prepare to change the address and think about using name (moowrap.net) instead of hard coding an IP.
I'll let you know when I'm done. Thank you and happy crunching with a snappier server!
27 Aug 2014, 7:28:43 UTC
I've just finished updating BOINC Server code to the latest available. This brought us about one year worth of fixes and changes from upstream developers. There's better support for communicating with latest BOINC Client versions interesting new CPU list at http://moowrap.net/cpu_list.php in addition to the previously available GPU list at http://moowrap.net/gpu_list.php.
Additionally, earlier our domain was moved to a new registrar and DNS service provider. We also finally have a non-expired certificate in use. And with the code update the protected pages actually work correctly now. Previously they might have refused to load style sheets and other such resources.
As always, please report any new/existing problems and I'll take a look. Thanks and happy crunching!
16 Aug 2014, 16:39:00 UTC
Another transitioner problem
We've run out of work to send and transitioner backlog is about 9h at the moment because of what turned out to be a bug in transitioner code. It failed to properly detect and handle anonymous platforms for app_version statistics. I fixed the bug and transitioner is now catching up. As soon as that's done, I'll let the other daemons loose on their backlogs so we'll probably get back to full operations later today.
26 Jan 2014, 11:34:05 UTC
News is available as an RSS feed